On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 03:32:44PM +0000, seventh guardian wrote:
> On 2/9/06, Dominik Vogt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 02:05:14PM +0000, seventh guardian wrote:
> > I've committed the patch to CVS (and removed the FARGS macro from
> > FvwmConsole).  For further patches, please always add a list of
> > modified functions to the ChangeLog after the name of the .c file.
> > This simplifies maintenance enormously.
> >

> Here goes a second patch.
>
> I've added the list of modified functions after the file name, except
> for the main function. I followed the style of some of your entries in
> the changelogs, hope I've done it ok.

Actually, its not my personal style but what xemacs (and emacs?)
generate when you move the cursor into a function and the press
ctrl-x 4 a.  (Unfortunately more recent versions of xemacs changed
the style of the function list which makes it more difficult to
grep through it.

> As you said once, the command line syntax isn't going to change that
> much, even for 3.0. But even so, some coding styles make it difficult
> to use properly the ParseModuleArgs (or functions alike) regarding the
> module aliases. I wonder if there could be fixed a standard for
> aliases. I mean a true standard that modules using aliases should
> follow. The argv[6] rule would be ok, but it would break some config
> files. Obviosly some kind of wrapper could be used to avoid those
> breakings, like in FvwmRearrange. I wonder what you think about this.

The one problem with that approach is that such a change would
break all third-party modules.

> Without a proper standard, some modules using ParseModuleArgs won't be
> as clean as they should be. I'm skipping them for now, wainting for a
> definite solution.

Ciao