On Wed, 15 Feb 2006, Bert 'theBlackDragon' Geens wrote:

On 2/14/06, Viktor Griph <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
(and the emacs mode
does not deal with that either ;)))

I don't know if you're using my emacs mode or the old one that's
floating about the web, but I've fixed mine so it only higlights start
of line comments. I'm not sure if it's allowed to have those preceded
by spaces though, so if somebody could tell me that I'd be very
grateful.

Comments are allowed to be preceded by spaces.

The mode I'm talking about is this one btw:
http://www.lair.be/projects_fvwm-mode.php

If you would know of a better or more up to date one, please do tell
me as I haven't manage to find any (only a very old one that I didn't
really like).

I've actually been using a havily modified version [1] of that old mode, but I tested your mode before stating that the emacs mode didn't hilight comments correctly (to be on the safe side ;)).

I've not posted it before since you posted your mode inbetween my start of
adopting it for 2.5 and it being in somewhat working mode. Also I hadn't done anything in emacs lisp prior to that, so it's not very well written (and it's possible to follow my own evolving in the knowledge of emacs lisp by looking through how the coding style evolves in that file.)

It only has support for config files, and not FvwmScript. It also can be a little slow sometimes since it's designed to be context sensitive for where keywords can be, and I really don't know the best way to optimize emacs lisp. (My brother asked me to do it for the reason that he always mixed up some keywords.)

The reason why I stick to this mode and don't move over to your is probably that I have quite a fast machine, so I don't notice slowdowns in the fontlocking, and more importantly: Your mode does not font-lock comments spanning multiple lines (with escaped newlines), which makes commenting out long commands highlight strangely.

The reason why I've never noticed that comments should be at start of commands is that I, normally always use it that way. It were just in a quick test I decided to try to disable the trail of a style command, and figured it didn't work.

/Viktor

[1] http://www.dd.chalmers.se/~griph/fvwm-mode.el.gz