On Sun, Jun 04, 2006 at 11:15:29AM +0200, Dominik Vogt wrote:
> Unfortunately I never got any feedback on this from the person who
> reported it first.  The problem was that in some cases the GC used
> to draw the title was not set before drawing, but it seems the old
> code relied on this not being done.
>
> I'd be grateful if someone could look into this problem or at
> least give me a minimal config to reproduce it.

  I can confirm Dan's bugreport. And it easily reproducable with minimal
  config:

  I compile FVWM like this:

aclocal
autoheader
automake --add-missing
autoreconf
./configure  --prefix=$HOME/usr --oldincludedir=$HOME/usr/include \
--enable-xft --disable-xinerama --enable-iconv --disable-bidi \
--enable-perllib --enable-nls --enable-gtk --with-x
--without-rplay-library \
--without-gnome
make && make install

  Then I move entire ~/.fvwm directory somewhere:

  $ mv ~/.fvwm ~/usr/src

  Create new empty directory:

  mkdir ~/.fvwm

  Create '~/.fvwm/config' file consisting of two lines:

  Style * ForeColor red
  Style * HilightFore red

  Launch FVWM and see that titles of both active and inactive windows
  are black, but not red.

  I hope you can reproduce it as well and fix this bug. If not, you can
  provide me with instructions what to do next and I'll be more than
  glad to help.

Good luck