On Thu, 13 Jul 2006, Dominik Vogt wrote:

On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 09:16:24AM +0200, Viktor Griph wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jul 2006, FVWM CVS wrote:

Log message:
* Removed ifdefs from fifos.c.
* Added a compat header file libs/fvwm_sys_stat.h to wrap stat.h compat
 issues.

Is it really neccessary to defene everything with FVWM_ as a prefix? If
it's not already defined, why not define it using the expected name?

I use the "fvwm" prefix to document that we modified its meaning.
If we had just

 #define O_NOFOLLOW 0

someone might rely ona that flag although it's just a dummy to
make the compiler happy.

Well, you didn't define it FVWM_O_NOFOLLOW in configure.ac, so it's just O_NOFOLLOW in there as well. It was all the stat-wrappers that I was concerned about. The code use many of them unwrapped already, so if there is a chance that some of them might not be defined it would be better to provide them, with the assumed values you did, under the name expected by the programmer.

/Viktor