On Fri, 14 Jul 2006, Dominik Vogt wrote:

On Fri, Jul 14, 2006 at 09:07:21AM +0200, Viktor Griph wrote:
On Fri, 14 Jul 2006, Scott Smedley wrote:
I think there is a bug in FVWM's parameter expansion.
FVWM crashes with a simple command such as:

Echo $[0]

Is this supposed to be fixed? FVWM still crashes on my system
when I type "Echo $[0]" in FvwmConsole.

I am using current version of CVS.

There is something wrong with __eae_parse_range. I'm not that good on
sscanf, but I think that it will match "%u-%n" even for "0" and return a
good number, meaning that n will have a random value.

Yes, one big problem is that %n may or may not increase the return
code by one, so if

returns one, this can mean is parsed just the integer and stopped,
or it parsed the integer, found a '-' and assigned the %n too.

Fixed.

sscanf seems to not be very restrictive when it comes to unsigned integers. It seems as if it accepts signed integers as well. At least $[-1] hang fvwm now.

/Viktor