On Mon, Jul 17, 2006 at 03:26:32PM +0100, seventh guardian wrote:
> On 7/17/06, Thomas Adam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Humm first of all this now should be a flag StippledTitle vs
> !StippledTitle. I will correct the man page.

Most commands should be using !Foo in the negatory sense.

> Style only works with window/class names. So there's no easy way of

Name, Class, Resource.

> telling fvwm just to stipple sticky windows. (Like "Style Sticky
> !StippledTitle"). Perhaps this could be done with conditional
> commands, but it's not an easy thing.

How do you mean?  It's perfectly simple to add something like:

Style * StickyStipples
Style * !StickyStipples

... Which might apply to windows which have been declared as sticky.

> The imediate solution would be
> to add another style to set/reset the StippledTitle flag only on the
> sticky windows, or globally (like Style * NeverStipple) but in my
> oppinion this is wrong..

Maybe it is, but then you can turn that around and say that stippling
sticky windows in the first place is also wrong.

> But the long term solution would be to extend the Style command not
> just for window/class names but also for Window states ("Style Icon
> (...)" or "Style Sticky (...)"). Dominik?

I don't like this, since you would probably extend it to include things
like:

Style Shaded (...)
Style HasTitle (...)

It gets too boring, unmanagable, and ultimately wrong.   The stylation
of window *states* (as in the above) just doesn't make logical sense to
me.

-- Thomas Adam

--
"If I were a witch's hat, sitting on her head like a paraffin stove, I'd
fly away and be a bat." -- Incredible String Band.