On Thu, 10 Aug 2006, Dominik Vogt wrote:

On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 04:24:48AM -0500, fvwm-workers wrote:
CVSROOT:        /home/cvs/fvwm
Module name:    fvwm
Changes by:     griph   06/08/10 04:24:48

Modified files:
        .              : NEWS
        modules        : ChangeLog
        modules/FvwmPager: FvwmPager.h x_pager.c

Log message:
* use ewmh allowed actions to track window movability in pager

Hm, I guess that works, but it ties pager actions to the
configuration of the ewmh stuff.  I have long been planning to
allow the user to disable specific ewmh features.  If a user did
that, the pager would break.

Would an option to disable allowed actions really be useful to a user? All it does it to tell applications what actions are possible on a window. The only thing I can think of that can break it is if a EWMHFixedPosition style was added, that makes the ewmh allowed actions differ from the fvwm allowed actions. In event of that allowed actions could be made part of the configure window package. If that's the only pitfall, then currently a comment in is_function_allowed warning about it would be ennough to avoid unintended breakage.

/Viktor