On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 01:56:48PM +0100, seventh guardian wrote:
 After some messing around with qmake and the generated makefile I
> managed to compile the program (having both qt3 and qt4 installed gets
> messy..). There's one catch with it, which makes it impossible to test
> for the problem with djview: it already starts as fullscreen. It
> should be started in a normal window and then asked to go fullscreen.
> This way we get to see if fvwm reparents the window or not..

BTW, DjView can also be initially started in fullscreen mode: "djview
-fs /path/to/document.djvu". Unfortunately, it is also not working under
FVWM.

> http://doc.trolltech.com/3.3/qwidget.html#showFullScreen
> There is this in the online documentation:
>
> <quote>
> Full-screen mode works fine under Windows, but has certain problems
> under X. These problems are due to limitations of the ICCCM protocol
> that specifies the communication between X11 clients and the window
> manager. ICCCM simply does not understand the concept of non-decorated
> full-screen windows. Therefore, the best we can do is to request a
> borderless window and place and resize it to fill the entire screen.
> Depending on the window manager, this may or may not work. The
> borderless window is requested using MOTIF hints, which are at least
> partially supported by virtually all modern window managers.
> </quote>

I think MOTIF hints are implemented in FVWM as Style 'MwmDecor':

MwmDecor makes fvwm attempt to recognize and respect the  mwm  decoration
hints  that applications occasionally use.  To switch this style off, use
the NoDecorHint style.

But setting it on/off don't have any effect on discussed application.

Serge Koksharov, Free Software user & supporter
GPG public key ID: 0x3D330896 (pgp.mit.edu)
Key fingerprint: 5BC4 0475 CB03 6A31 0076  82C2 C240 72F0 3D33 0896