Charlie <aries...@clearmail.com.au> writes:

> On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 18:33:03 -0400 des...@verizon.net sent this
> information:
>
> <snip>
>
>>Ok, I put all that in a file,
>>changed the colorset numbers to one I have defined,
>>used FvwmTalk to read it
>>then started FvwmTaskBar.
>>
>>Everything seems to be working as it should.
>>Button 1 says FuncFvwmDeiconifyFocusAndRaise
>>is undefined (which I would expect)
>>and button 2 toggles iconification.
>>
>>Remind me again what you want to do
>>and what you think is not working the way you want it.
>
> Thank you.
>
> I think I may not know the terminology.
>
> In the screenshot there are two icons? taskbars? There's my problem
> with terminology. I thought one would be a taskbar - the one on the
> left?
>
> I would like to change the colour of the background in both.

Maybe you should show us your colorset definitions.
This works for me:

DestroyModuleConfig FvwmTaskBar: *
*FvwmTaskBar: Colorset 18
*FvwmTaskBar: FocusColorset 19
*FvwmTaskBar: IconColorset 20
*FvwmTaskBar: TipsColorset 4
Colorset 18 fg blue, bg pink
Colorset 19 fg red, bg yellow
Colorset 20 fg white, bg black

To test, I like to put this stuff in a file by itself,
maybe /tmp/x
Then bring up FvwmTalk
Enter:
Read /tmp/x
KillModule FvwmTaskBar
FvwmTaskBar

I don't use any taskbar, or anything else that clogs up the screen
but Tom is right about FvwmIconMan and FvwmButtons.
They are more complex to configure but the end result can be
better.