Fvwm crashes whenever I start a particular commercial program (Mentor
Graphics digital simulator Questasim 6.4c). It crashes when Questasim
main window shows up. Other window managers, such as compiz or jwm, do
not crash. I switched Linux distro sometime ago to Ubuntu 9.04 from
Gentoo, due to other unrelated reasons. Fvwm worked fine under Gentoo,
which had lots of updates so the version doesn't really tell anything,
but it was 2008.0.

After fvwm crashes, all other programs except fvwm modules are still
running, including Questasim. If I start a new fvwm at this point, it
will work fine from then on until I quit and restart Questasim. (All
other windows are unmapped when I start a new fvwm. XEmacs is way off
the screen coordinate and have to be brought back. ) I have to start and
quit Questasim many times a day, so it is not a good work around.

fvwm version is:
fvwm 2.5.26 compiled on Dec 22 2008 at 17:44:21
with support for: ReadLine, RPlay, Stroke, XPM, PNG, SVG, Shape, XShm,
SM, Bidi text, Xinerama, XRender, XCursor, XFT, NLS

Here is the message fvwm generates before it crashes. There are 2 more
font errors. That is it. Could somebody point me to a right direction to
solve this?

Thank you.

*******

[fvwm][FlocaleLoadFont]: WARNING -- can't load font '8x15', trying
default:
-*-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed-*-13-*-*-*-*-*-*-*,-*-fixed-medium-r-normal-*-14-*-*-*-*-*-*-*,-*-*-medium-r-normal-*-16-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

X Error of failed request:  BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window
parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  70 (X_PolyFillRectangle)
  Resource id in failed request:  0x2601d15
  Serial number of failed request:  59983

Toshi Isogai <toshi.iso...@seakr.com>

--------
This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use
of the intended recipient.  If this email is not intended for you, or you are
not responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient,
please note that this message may contain SEAKR Engineering (SEAKR)
Privileged/Proprietary Information.  In such a case, you are strictly
prohibited from downloading, photocopying, distributing or otherwise using this
message, its contents or attachments in any way.  If you have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and
delete the message from your mailbox.  Information contained in this message
that does not relate to the business of SEAKR is neither endorsed by nor
attributable to SEAKR.