On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 12:39:11AM -0800, Craig wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 08:21:01 +0000, "Thomas Adam"
> said:
> > That's because FVWM needs to be restarted after you change the screen
> > resolution as it's not XRandr-aware and still reads the old values from
> > X.
> >
> > -- Thomas Adam
>
> Is there a plan to make FVWM XRandr-aware?
>
> In the meantime, is there a work around? I find it useful to re-size my
> VMWare Player Window.

Well, assuming you change resolutions via FVWM, then it should just be a
case of:

DestroyFunc XRandRChangingResolutionFunc
AddToFunc   XRandRChangingResolutionFunc
+ I PipeRead `xrandr --blah --option etc`
+ I Restart

Note that the use of PipeRead is probably pointless, but you should probably
keep it, since you really do only want to restart FVWM when the resolution
has really changed.

Yes, suppport is planned in so much that it's on the cards for FVWM 3.0,
just like a lot of things are.

"It was the cruelest game I've ever played and it's played inside my head."
-- "Hush The Warmth", Gorky's Zygotic Mynci.