On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 06:35:14AM -0800, Craig wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 13:48:03 +0000, "Thomas Adam"
> said:
> ..
> > Of course.  That area isn't a wall -- you can move windows over it, newly
> > placed windows aren't put on it.
>
> I've added SnapAttraction to my config make it more difficult to move a
> window under/over the panel. Are there other suggestions on how to keep
> windows from under/over-lapping the panel?

That's one way -- the other is to use trickery pre/post moving a window.
The above will do, but it won't stop windows moving over that area.

> > > Also, firefox will still start up in that area if the second window it's
> > > restoring is closer to the top of the screen than the first one.
> >
> > See:  !UsePPosition.
>
> That didn't work, but this does;
> Style * FixedPPosition

This is only going to mask the fact that the window is likely smaller than
the working area.

"It was the cruelest game I've ever played and it's played inside my head."
-- "Hush The Warmth", Gorky's Zygotic Mynci.