On 12 February 2010 08:29, Nathan Hüsken <f...@lonely-star.org> wrote:
> I am sorry if I am bothering or am asking stupid questions, but I really
> can not find it in the fvwm documentation (looking throught the manpages
> and the html documentation).
> I understand how PipeRead works (that I found in the manpages), but to
> make it rearrange my whole desktop, it needs to get a list of all
> windows and their geometry. I have seen $[w.width] (only in this list,
> where is it documentated), but that gives me only the current window. I
> need all windows ...

All (foo) PipeRead `.....`

But you will likely need to double-up on your expansion parameters in
PipeRead, so:

$$[foo]

for instance.

I am being deliberately vague here -- since I assume you're wanting to
try to do this yourself?  If not, when I get back from work, I'll give
you a solution using FvwmPerl -- won't take me long, I suppose.