Thomas Adam <tho...@xteddy.org> writes:

> On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 06:58:59AM +1000, John H. Moe wrote:
>> j...@aus10224 ~ $ fvwm-menu-desktop
>> DestroyMenu "gnome-sys"
>> AddToMenu "gnome-sys" "Gnome System Menu" Title
>> j...@aus10224 ~ $ fvwm-menu-desktop --desktop kde-sys
>> DestroyMenu "kde-sys"
>> AddToMenu "kde-sys" "Kde System Menu" Title
>> j...@aus10224 ~ $
>
> What version of FVWM is this on?  I did a tiny amount of work a few years
> ago now I think to "fix" the above, but thst was a few years ago.  :)
>
>> My (un)educated guess is that the script is working, but it's not
>> finding menu definitions either where it's expecting, or in the format
>> it's expecting.
>
> I am hoping Dan Espen will reply since he likes XDG menus [1].

Yep, hi all.

The Fvwm script is broken and it should be removed before we
do a 2.6 release.  The problem with the script is that the underlying
file structure changed.

Here's what I'm using now:

PipeRead 'xdg_menu --format fvwm2 2>/dev/null'
AddToMenu Utilities "&X. XDG Menu" Popup xdg_menu

I thought I saw this in my distribution's repositories but I guess not.

Head over to archlinux.org and you should be able to find it.