On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 07:30:20PM -0400, des...@verizon.net wrote:
> Thomas Adam <tho...@xteddy.org> writes:
>
> > On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 09:55:05PM +0200, Jean Felder wrote:
> >> In fact, I'm launching emacs daemon at startup with the command "emacs
> >> --daemon"
> >> Then, I'm using "emacsclient -c"
> >> The first time, I'm using emacsclient, the window is launched but not
> >> maximised.
> >> The second time, everything works fine : the second window is maximised.
> >>
> >> I've tried to use FvwmIdent and I've got "emacs" as name for both windows.
> >> So, I don't understand where the problem is.
> >>
> >> Perhaps, this is emacs related.
> >
> > Almost certainly.  I refuse outright to install emacs on my machine, but I
>
> Heresy!

:)

> > suspect what's happening here is that the emacs client window is maximized
> > by FVWM, but something is then undoing it.
> >
> > Out of interest, does this help any?
> >
> > Style Emacs InitialMapCommand Schedule 5000 Maximize
>
> I much prefer to control the size of Emacs windows with X-Resources.
>
> This is what I use in my X-Resources:

That's useful to know, but it's missing the point.  The window shouldn't be
repositioned after it's mapped in the way that it is by emacs -- that's a
bug which they've introduced, perhaps as a side-effect of something else.

"It was the cruelest game I've ever played and it's played inside my head."
-- "Hush The Warmth", Gorky's Zygotic Mynci.