On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 06:19:16PM +0100, michael.gros...@gmx.de wrote:
> Someone asked for project ideas for GSoC 2012.

That would be me.

> Would it make sense to let touch screen support be a project idea
> for GSoC 2012 or any other year in the future?

No -- because I, nor anyone else really knows what "touch screen" is.  And
even then I don't understand what the problem is.  FVWM isn't an application
which needs changing to work on a touch screen interface; it manages those
applications instead.

In $DAYJOB for example, I worked on changing our interface to be more
applicable to drag and drop techniques on a tablet device, but that's a
really specific thing to do.  FVWM will work fine for showing menus and
FvwmButtons, etc for use on a touch screen.

So no, I don't see how you can make a project out of this for GSoC at all.

"Deep in my heart I wish I was wrong.  But deep in my heart I know I am
not." -- Morrissey ("Girl Least Likely To" -- off of Viva Hate.)