Thomas Adam <tho...@fvwm.org> writes:

> On 18 July 2013 12:31, lee <l...@yun.yagibdah.de> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> when starting FvwmIconBox with fvwm and then starting xterm, output to the
>> xterm window does not work, i. e. the window is blank until resized or
>> when the workspace is switched.
>
> It's such a shame that you chose to use FvwmIconBox.  It's one of
> those modules which is dead and hasn't been touched by anyone in more
> years than I can recall.  Don't use it.  This is why we have
> FvwmIconMan as its replacement.

I didn't know that it has been replaced with FvwmIconMan.  Is
FvwmIconBox now deprecated and only available for compatibility?  There
wouldn't be anything to keep me from switching, I guess.

>> When (re-)starting fvwm without the FvwmIconBox module, xterm works
>> fine.  Please see [1] for a more detailed reference.
>
> You haven't told us what your FVWM version is---what is it?

It's 2.6.5 as is currently in Fedora 19:

,----
`----

>  Note that
> I doubt this is FVWM's fault, since I can't reproduce your problem at
> all.  Also:
>
> X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
>   Major opcode of failed request:  18 (X_ChangeProperty)
>   Resource id in failed request:  0x0
>
> Says that XTerm fucked up to me.  I'll entertain this for one minute.

It is very well possible that the problem is with xterm --- or somewhere
else entirely.

> If you can get the window to be blank, can you please attach the
> output from "xprop", and then whilst it's still blank, run in another
> window "xprop -spy" and unblank the window?  Then put the log from
> that together with the other one and send it to me.

Sure, I'll send them to you.  Thank you for looking into this.

--
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "C-c C-c can do nothing useful at
this location")