I upgraded my machine yesterday and in the process moved from
FVWM 2.6.5 to FVWM 2.6.6.  Launching games would result in
veryodd behavior; small windows with decorations but whose
application believed they were larger, resulting in unusable
UI.  I noticed FVWM was outputting:

reason: 1 The hints have been ignored because the window's
current size would have become invalid.  The new hints will
become active when the window generates the next
ConfigureRequest.

On a hunch, I changed the line in event.c calling
GetWindowSizeHintsWithCheck to disable the check, and the
games launched in fullscreen correctly.

I saw several changes to GetWindowSizeHintsWithCheck in the
2.6.6 release, although it's unclear to me as someone
unfamiliar with the code what I'm likely to be hitting.  It
does seem though that these games are relying on positioning
windows partially off-screen to ensure fullscreen support
works.

Is this known?
Thanks,
- M