On Fri, Dec 30, 2016 at 1:29 AM, Thomas Glanzmann <tho...@glanzmann.de> wrote:
> Hello Jaimos,
>
>> This is a setting that doesn't need to be run in the function, as it
>> only needs to be set once. Once this is set, this changes the behavior
>> of Maximize and placement functions.
>
> I tried that first, but that didn't work for me. I put it in my .fvwm2rc
> config at the top:
>
> EWMHBaseStruts 144 0 0 0

That is all you need. You don not need to run this from the function
each time. You must have something overwriting this setting.

> I also tried:
>
> Style * EWMHBaseStruts 144 0 0 0

EWMHBaseSTruts is not a Style, read the man page if you are unsure how
to use it.

> Find my .fvwm2rc here: https://pbot.rmdir.de/HvZifRKhJuAx5HqVKScPEw

This is not complete, you have a Read ~./fvwm2rc-local (well you
should but you use PipeRead and cat, just use Read). You also have
some other things you don't need but that is beyond this thread.

If the line is not working it is because you override it somewhere in
your config file and putting it in the function sets it back. You
shouldn't need that. When fvwm loads, use FvwmConsole and enter in
that EWMHBaseStruts command into the console, it should work. This
shows that you have something in your local config that is overriding
the setting.

Running that command each time you maximize a window is not needed
unless your configuration is constantly resetting the EWMHBaseStruts

jaimos