Hope you don't mind me replying on-list, to make sure others see this.

lucio wrote:
 > On Thu, 20 Dec 2018, Paul Fox wrote:
 >
 > > Can someone describe the stick/unstick method, or give an example? I'm
 > > unfamiliar with it.
 >
 > Do you have a window menu associated to your window title bar ? Does that
 > menu show a "(Un)Stick (Shift-Alt-F4)" ?

I do!  Thanks -- I've been using fvwm for about 20 years (if that's
possible), and have never used that feature.  And I certainly never
thought to use it for moving a window.  I always drag the window I
want to move on the FvwmButtons panel with Button 2, but sometimes, on
machines with middle button emulation, or other config issues, that's
hard or impossible to do.  Stick/unstick is way easier.

Thanks again!

paul

paul fox, p...@foxharp.boston.ma.us (arlington, ma, where it's 39.4 degrees)