On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 06:36:13PM +0100, Dr Rainer Woitok wrote:
> And it works?   Well, I have "FixedPPosition" rather than "NoPPosition".
> Could that matter?   Or is the  relevent difference  that you  start the
> browser from  within "fvwm"  while I'm  starting it  from within a shell
> script?

If it's not working for you, then I would suggest you do the following:

1.  Launch firefox.  When it's running, use FvwmIdent or xwininfo to ascertain
the *class* of the window.  It's either going to be Firefox or something else.
If it's not 'Firefox' then you'll understand why the Style isn't matching.

2.  Try adding:  EWMHIgnoreStateHints

Kindly,
Thomas