I have been using fvwm since around 0.90. When I upgraded to
fvwm2 I moved my config file to ~/.fvwm2rc and didn't really
think about again -- the file is trivial to update with vi
and I actually prefer the sparsity of fvwm's interaction.

The existing .fvwm2rc file worked fine until recent developemnts
in my eyesight & screen resolution on small monitors left the
window manager's type under 2mm on my screen :-)

Frankly, the default theme (if it's even being used) has worked
well enough for me, the only thing I cannot see is how to
select the bloody fonts.  I can see where they are configured for
the default font in ./default/modules/fonts but I'd rather not
hack the global resource to adjust the font sizes.

I've revewed doc's at the fvwm.org site, checking the FAQ (which
entirely lacks an answer to what should be a simple question)
and the "themes" <http://fvwm-themes.sourceforge.net/doc/creating-themes>.

Cloning /usr/share/themes/default to ~/.fvwm/themes didn't seem to
make any difference; nor did naming it to "personal" (per the
create-a-theme docs). The create-a-theme page describes using a menu
click that doesn't exist on the menus that I have here via
~/.fvwm2rc.

Per the doc's I've moved my config to ~/.fvwm/config
(<https://pastebin.com/SZNLzgbC>), which didn't seem to help.

Q: Is it possible to select the theme with an entry in my
   ~/.fvwm/config file?

Q: If so, where is it documented (hopefully with an example rather
   than just BNF syntax)?

If someone can point me to the correct doc's I'd be happy to
update the FAQ with a simple example of hacking the font sizes
w/ minimal update to the current theme.

Zei gesund

--
Steven Lembark                                      5725 Aylesboro Ave
Workhorse Computing                                Pittsburgh PA 15217