On Wed, Apr 06, 2022 at 09:47:58AM +0200, Martin Cermak wrote:
> there's one manual step I'd like to automate with fvwm:  I'd like
> to make all windows that are created or moved to given physical
> display - sticky.
>
> For now I've partially automated that based on the window name,
> but I'd love to base this on the display where the window is
> shown rather than on the window name.
>
> Is there a reasonable way of doing this?  How?

You can make a wrapper move function and use that instead of the
move command:

  addtofunc moveandstick
  + i move $*
  + i all ... stick on

Replace the "..." with a condition that matches all windows that
are supposed to become sticky.

Then replace all "move" calls in the config with "moveandstick".

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--

Dominik Vogt