On 26 Aug 2002 21:58:44 +0200, Matthias Burghardt wrote:

> is it possible to restrict the region, where FVWM places new windows and to
> which windows are maximised (in order to save some space at the borders for
> the GNOME panels)?

Yes, in 2.5.x see the EWMHBaseStrut description in the man page.
But there maybe temporary problems with it when MinOverlapPlacement used.

I don't have the latest GNOME and KDE, but I would think their panels and
maybe other apps should have options for window managers to reserve them
the desktop space using EWMH hints. In this case EWMHBaseStrut is not
needed, since FVWM by default respects these hints.

Regards,
Mikhael.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.