On Monday 21 April 2003 03:25, Mikhael Goikhman wrote:
> > > FvwmPerl may also be used as a more powerful replacement for FvwmCpp
> > > and FvwmM4 using its -p (--preprocess) flag.
> >
> > To be honest, I don't like that preprocessing stuff. Some standard FVWM
> > expressions do always collide with the preprocessor.
>
> This is not the case with "FvwmPerl -p", there are no such collisions.
> Try it just for fun. :) Here are several random ideas for preprocessing:

Hm, I cannot get preprocessing to work. Here are the relevant lines from my
.xinitrc:

    WINDOWMANAGER='/home/felix/local/bin/fvwm -cmd "Module FvwmPerl -p
/home/felix/.fvwm2rc"'
    exec $WINDOWMANAGER 2> ~/local/var/log/windowmanager.log

But when starting FVWM I always get

    [FVWM][__execute_function]: <<ERROR>> No such command '%{'
    [FVWM][__execute_function]: <<ERROR>> No such command '}%'

BTW, could you add a section in the FvwmPerl man page that describes the
configuratin neccessary for preprocessing and possibly more (sorry if it's
already there, but I couldn't find it). This would simplify things a lot
for beginners like me.

Another question: When I restart FVWM with Restart is .fvwm2rc then
repreprocessed?

Felix

--
To contact me personally don't reply but send email to
  felix DOT klee AT inka DOT de