I'm a newcomer to FVWM (version 2.5.10 under SuSe Linux 9.2, i.e. the
version which ships with the SuSE distribution). My background was mainly
the one of a mwm and CDE (although with a peculiar look !) user under DEC
OSF 3.2 and 4.0.

I successfully managed to customize fvwm starting from the .fvwm2rc
distributed with SuSE.

However I note that my .xsession-errors contains the following messages

FvwmTheme is obsolete, see the Colorset section of the fvwm(1) man page
Cannot parse color "dtcolor5"
couldn't create gradient
Cannot parse color "dtcolor5"
couldn't create gradient
WARNING: '/etc/xdg/menus/suse-screensavers.menu' does not exist
WARNING: '/etc/xdg/menus/applications-kmenuedit.menu' does not exist
/bin/sh: susewmif: command not found

I believe the first bunch of messages derives from this group of
statements in the original .fvwm2rc which I did not dare to delete.

# 0 = Default colors
# 1 = Inactive windows
# 2 = Active windows
# 3 = Inactive menu entry and menu background
# 4 = Active menu entry
# 5 = greyed out menu entry (only bg used)
# 6 = module foreground and background)
# 7 = hilight colors
*FvwmTheme: Colorset 0 fg black, bg rgb:6f/a1/dc
*FvwmTheme: Colorset 1 fg black, bg rgb:a1/b2/c8
*FvwmTheme: Colorset 2 fg black, bg rgb:70/a2/dd
*FvwmTheme: Colorset 3 fg black, bg rgb:c8/d3/e5, VGradient 100 dtcolor5
rgb:c8/d3/e5
*FvwmTheme: Colorset 4 fg black, bg rgb:91/ae/d6
*FvwmTheme: Colorset 5 fg rgb:d2/bf/a8, bg rgb:b4/aa/94
*FvwmTheme: Colorset 6 fg black, bg rgb:b4/aa/94, VGradient 100 dtcolor5
rgb:b4/aa/94
*FvwmTheme: Colorset 7 fg black, bg rgb:94/ab/bf

# run FvwmTheme before anything else is done
ModuleSynchronous Timeout 5 FvwmTheme

The last message should derive from the second line of InitFunction.
Apparently this "susewmif" is neither installed nor documented on my
system.

AddToFunc InitFunction
# +"I"   Module FvwmBanner
 + "I"   Exec susewmif xmessages

I can't trace the two warnings (about non existing menu definitions) in my
.fvwm2rc.

In any case :

 - can I assume the above messages are harmless ?
 - can I just comment out the statements which generate them ?
 - any other hint ?