On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 06:58:32PM +0200, Lucio Chiappetti wrote:
> I'm not sure what are the "customs" of the FVWM Mailing List, both as
> "general education" (do people normally reply to the list, reply
> individually and cc: the list, reply individually and the original
> poster has a duty to post a summary) and as "software id" (I mean, how
> do I recognize a mail as coming from the list to avoid to filter it as
> spam, or to filter a personal reply as spam ).

One replies to the list, unless someone explicitly requests to be CCed
in which case, that's usually honoured.

> new_window event is not recognized by my version, I had to use
> add_window

That was a mistake on my part -- there never has been an "new_window"
directive -- always "add_window".  Glad you know about the man page,
though.  :)

> DestroyFunc ResizeFireFox AddToFunc ResizeFireFox + "I" (!Transient)
> ThisWindow ("Gecko") Resize 850p 980p

> I had to introduce the (!Transient) condition otherwise all the popups
> by the browser came out as big as my 850x980 page !

Heh.  It was just a quick suggestion:

+ I ThisWindow ("Gecko" !Transient) Resize 850p 980p

> ... hmm, actually I'm not sure that my (!Transient) works. I mean, in
> practice it works (popups are OK) but my .xsession-errors is full of
> errors "No such command (!Transient) ... the same which occurred with
> PlacedByFvwm.

Indeed.  See above.  It's "ThisWindow" which needs to know about a)  The
name/resource/class of the window, and  b)  Any conditions to apply to
it.

-- Thomas Adam

--
"One of us is a cigar stand, and one of us is a lovely blue incandescent
guillotine" -- Stephen Malkmus, "Type Slowly" from "Brighten The Corners"