On Mon, 09 May 2005 00:32:47 +0100, Thomas Adam wrote
(<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>):

> you might also want to read an article I published on session
> management and fvwm:
>
> http://linuxgazette.net/100/adam.html

Belatedly, I have finally located a  fvwm man page that appears to
address my problems.  It says:

,----

|  Most users just should put:
|
|             fvwm-themes-start
|
|        as  the  last  line of their .Xclients, .xinitrc or .xsession file.  If
|        you want to use FVWM Themes with a real session manager, say GNOME, you
|        need to use the --no-start option and put:
|
|             fvwm-themes-start --no-start
|             gnome-session
`----

And then?

It looks as though both entries are taken seriously.  I end up with
the gnome desktop and my previous-loaded packages - when loaded onto
the desktop - open at the point at which I had left them when I shut down
fvwm2.

The first tweak suggested in:

 http://linuxgazette.net/100/adam.html

does not appear to work in conjunction with "fvwm-themes".  I have
failed to locate the "gnome-session-manager" (because I lack a basic
familiarity with Gnome) and I suspect that the "killall" command needs
additional modification if it is to start "fvwm-themes" next time.

And, in view of the other posts, where should the xearth command go?
Left where it is or into ".xinitrc"?

I venture to send this follow-up, because it looks as though it now needs
very little to achieve what I was trying to do.

Felix Karpfen
--
Felix Karpfen
Public Key 72FDF9DF (DH/DSA)