Dan Espen napisał(a):

>Borys Musielak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>

>>Dan Espen napisa=B3(a):
>>

>>But setting LC_ALL changes also other variables like LC_MESSAGES,=20
>>LC_CTYPE, etc.
>>Maybe they are uses?
>>

>No, setting one variable does not change another.
>Fvwm uses various system libraries for font rendering.
>If there is a problem, it is in those libraries.

$ locale
LANG=pl_PL.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="pl_PL.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="pl_PL.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="pl_PL.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="pl_PL.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="pl_PL.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="pl_PL.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="pl_PL.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="pl_PL.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="pl_PL.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="pl_PL.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="pl_PL.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="pl_PL.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=pl_PL.UTF-8

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ export LC_ALL=pl_PL.utf8
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ locale
LANG=pl_PL.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="pl_PL.utf8"
LC_NUMERIC="pl_PL.utf8"
LC_TIME="pl_PL.utf8"
LC_COLLATE="pl_PL.utf8"
LC_MONETARY="pl_PL.utf8"
LC_MESSAGES="pl_PL.utf8"
LC_PAPER="pl_PL.utf8"
LC_NAME="pl_PL.utf8"
LC_ADDRESS="pl_PL.utf8"
LC_TELEPHONE="pl_PL.utf8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="pl_PL.utf8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="pl_PL.utf8"
LC_ALL=pl_PL.utf8

So it seems changing LC_ALL actually CHANGES all the locale
variables (except LANG).

Anyway, the IMPORTANT thing is that when the locale
settings are pl_PL.utf8, the titles and menus in FVWM show proper
unicode characters. When it is set to pl_PL.UTF-8 it doesn't set
the uft-8 encoding and uses Latin1!

- and I will insist that this is a bug in FVWM handling the locales,
unless someone explains me what is the mistake in my
understanding.

best regards,
Borys

--