On Fri, 31 Mar 2006, Wendell Turner wrote:

> Is there an easy way to add a custom entry to the beginning of
> the root menu?

In my .fvm2rc (I'm almost the only one FVWM user in a mainly KDE place),
which is based on the one distributed with Suse 9.2, I've done something
slightly beyond i.e.

 - I have a quite short root menu of my own
 - which includes as submenu a list of some original menus
 - of which the first is the original root menu

On my system the root menu has key and mouse bindings under the name
WORK_MENU_popup, so what I have done is to edit its entry as

AddToMenu WORK_MENU_popup "My Work Menu"   Title       (1)
 + ""            Nop                                   (2)
 + "X Terminal"  Exec xterm                            (3)
   ... list of some of my own applications             (3)
 + ""            Nop                                   (2)
 + "Old menus"   Popup OLD_MENU_popup                  (4)
   ... list of my own screensaver, restart, quit       (3)

(1) just changed the mnemonic name in quotes
(2) separators
(3) added entirely by me
(4) invocation of old stuff

Then I added a new menu like this

AddToMenu OLD_MENU_popup "Old Menus"   Title
 + "Old root menu"      Popup OLD_WORK_MENU_popup
 + "WindowManager"   Popup THISWM_MENU_popup
 + "SUSE"      Popup xdg_menu

and then I have the original menus unchanged where I renamed the popup
name in the first line, e.g.

AddToMenu OLD_WORK_MENU_popup "Work Menu"   Title