On Wed, 5 Apr 2006, Martin Swift wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 01:05:31PM -0400, Enzo López wrote:

> > I would like to have the focus as KDE or win98. In other words, the
> > window active only when I click in it. I guess it's a simple matter
> > but I can't find the way to do it.

I personally hate such click-to-type behaviour and prefer FollowsMouse but
I guess it would be a matter of setting another value for the same
resource. I can't remember whether my original setup (SuSE bundled) had
already FollowsMouse or if I set it up

> > Also I would like to change the color like MWM.  Can someone give some
> > directions please?

I'm not sure what you mean exactly by that.

> I believe you'll have to dive into Colorsets. Again, well documented

> PS. There is also a short section titled "MWM COMPATIBILITY" which you

I have a personal arrangement which closely resembles my old (spartan) mwm
arrangement on a DEC alpha and I'm pretty sure I did not use any of the
above (though I read the man page !).

I'm trying to list the relevant entries, for focus I have these (I believe
they were in the original configuration, they are not noted as modified by
me)

ColormapFocus FollowsMouse
Style "*"   SloppyFocus

I have the default Colorsets (WITHOUT FvwmTheme)

and I have
Style "*"   HilightBack Red

so that the window which has focus has red decorations (as in my old mwm
arrangement ... I haven't changed the colour for inactive windows though).

I've also simplified the buttons in the title bar, but I guess that would
be more a matter of taste (I did simplify it even in mwm), so I won't

Berlusconi's contract with Italians - Explained!  (adapted from Usenet 1996)
Contract: verb
1) To shrink or reduce in size - the economy contracted
2) To become infected - he contracted pneumonia when they stopped my welfare