Hello,

El Thu, 19 Apr 2007 11:09:05 +0200 (CEST)
Álvaro Eixea <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escribió:

> Hi:
>
> When i enter in my graphic session from gdm, the three
> apps that i swallow in my FvwmButtons appear in the
> upper left corner of the screen for a few seconds and
> sometimes the apps don't take his place in the
> ButtonBar, only overlap between them.
>
> That only happen when i run my desktop the first time,
> if  i restart fvwm all it is Ok.

Surely a timing issue.

> *MyButtonBox: (Title Bateria, Swallow "wmbattery" \
> `Exec wmbattery -l 25% -c 10% &`)
> *MyButtonBox: (Title CPU, Swallow "wmcube" `Exec
> wmcube -n -b &`)
> *MyButtonBox: (Colorset 43, 2x1, Swallow "dclock"
> `Exec dclock -fg RoyalBlue1 -led_off\
>  MediumBlue -blink -date %d/%b -bell &`, Action (Mouse
> 2) \
>  `Exec gdeskcal &`)

That happens sometimes for some unknown reason, and another problem you
will notice with those applets is that if you look to htop or top after
a few restart, you might discover that multiple instances of each
applets are being launched. For wm* applets I use this:

*panel: (1x1, Swallow (Kill, UseOld) 'foo' 'Exec foo &> /dev/null')

> Here my init func:
>
> DestroyFunc InitFunction
> AddToFunc InitFunction
> + I Exec fvwm-root -r $HOME/.fvwm/wallpaper/Mind.png
> + I Exec 3ddeskd --texturesize=512 --fastest --acquire
> + I Module FvwmButtons MyButtonBox
> + I Module FvwmAuto 500
>
> And my restart Function:
>
> DestroyFunc RestartFunction
> AddToFunc RestartFunction
> + I All (FvwmButtons) Close
> + I Module FvwmButtons MyButtonBox
> + I All (FvwmAuto) Close
> + I Module FvwmAuto 500

Note that, if most of the config is parsed in no concrete order, the
Init/StartFunction are parsed at a given moment, and that is, before
anything else, what means you are loading the module after having
configured it.

I would take the loading of the buttons panel out of
InitFunction, and let it start in a more asynchronous way by just
putting it after the *MyButtonBox sentences in your config. There is a
good possibility that that will solve your problem. If not, you can
always schedule the module loading, but I don't advice to do so on a
function.

-- Jesús Guerrero