On Thu, 8 Nov 2007, Paul Novak wrote:

> I'd like to start firefox on a particular page.  I can't get that to
> work with version 2.4.20.

Cannot help on that, I use fvwm 2.5.10 (bundled with my SuSE 9.2).
But I have this in my .fvwm2rc for firefox (suggested in a long past by
somebody on this list), which is always started on the first page of my
second desktop

Style Gecko StartsOnPage 1 0 0, SkipMapping, NoPPosition

Apparently the trick is that firefox is using an unusual X name

I also have this lot to have firefox to start always with a fixed size
instead of remembering how it was last resized.

DestroyModuleConfig Event-FF: *
*Event-FF: Cmd Function
*Event-FF: PassId
*Event-FF: add_window ResizeFireFox

DestroyFunc ResizeFireFox
AddToFunc   ResizeFireFox
 + "I" ThisWindow ("Gecko" !Transient) Resize 707p 980p

/\                          http://arc.pasp.de/