On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 03:55:49PM -0800, Jason Timrod wrote:
> --- On Tue, 12/28/10, Thomas Adam <tho...@xteddy.org> wrote:
>
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/fvwm@lists.math.uh.edu/msg16494.html
>
> hi,
>
> this link is cool. but theres a lot of information in there and its too
> much for me to understand all at once. i wonder why its not in the man
> page or the faq? it might be in the man page but it seems to me your
> explanation is easier to read =)

This comes up from time to time (the last time it did, ISTR I was insulted
rather a lot, but that's by-the-by), and it amazes me this seems like such a
popular topic.

What's in the INITIALIZATION section of "man fvwm" should suffice --
although I suppose what it doesn't list is the information about why
StartFunction is preferred over InitFunction, and the caveats about it.

Most of my explanations in that post are simply put too detailed for the man
page -- at least, that's how I see it.  If this is generally useful
information (and I'd be interested to know which bits) then I will happily
add it.

But note that whilst it will be added to my personal FVWM-TODO file, I won't
make it a priority before 2.6, and I would much rather someone else sent me
a patch instead.  That would work, you know -- a patch.  :)

At one point I was sick of answering these questions, so that post is
deliberately long so I can always refer back to it in its entirety, even if
a only a small part of it is relevant to a question, such as your original
one, Jason.  So don't let the length of it put you off distilling any useful
bits.

So, any takeers?   ;P

-- Thomas Adam

--
"It was the cruelest game I've ever played and it's played inside my head."
-- "Hush The Warmth", Gorky's Zygotic Mynci.