Quoth Thomas Adam at 17:35 +0100:
Nonetheless, I now find myself longing somewhat for multiple display again, for both ergonomic positioning/orientation considerations and the flexibility of independent paging.  Also, my current workstation consists of one really big (2560x1600) screen, which provides more space than I tend to need at any given time, but leaves some corners (where the pager, icon managers, status controls and clock, as well as a few sticky background windows tend to be found) a bit far from sight.

Use SLS (see "man fvwm") if you want to partition your screen further.

Do you mean the XineramaSls option? Would this do any more than simulate Xinerama features (i.e. default placement and geometry definitions) on a single screen? I don't see anything related to my issue mentioned in the man page in that context.

(In particular, would something using SLS somehow allow me to switch pages or workspaces independently per screen?)

-- Thomas Adam

 Thanks,
 -- Tom