[mailto:fw-1-mailingl...@amadeus.us.checkpoint.com] On Behalf Of Gary Scott
Sent: 11 June, 2009 5:02 PM
To: FW-1-MAILINGLIST@AMADEUS.US.CHECKPOINT.COM
Subject: Re: [FW-1] High load cpu by fwm process

If you are stuck with a standalone appliance that they won't let you split the
license so you can run the recommended distributed architecture than yes I will
take 50% to avoid traffic lose on the gateway when installing a policy to its
self. I am currently seeing this and hoping the first HF will help address this.

-GS

Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2009 1:59:23 AM

Would you rather prefer it used 50% CPU and took twice as long to compile and
push the rulebase?

Its quite common that when you tell a server to perform a job (preferrably as
fast as possible), it will hog as much resources as it needs/can get to do so.
As long as your CPU calms down after the policy is pushed I dont see any reason
to be worried.

Rgds,
André