Tunnel state monitoring SNMP Traps can be configured under Community
Properties->Tunnel Management.

-----Original Message-----
[mailto:fw-1-mailingl...@amadeus.us.checkpoint.com] On Behalf Of Luke
Gogolkiewicz
Sent: 23 June, 2009 1:37 PM
To: FW-1-MAILINGLIST@AMADEUS.US.CHECKPOINT.COM
Subject: Re: [FW-1] SNMP monitoring Provider-1 environment

Hi Torkel,

What you will find is that the vpnd process actually runs on the
firewalls

themselves. You will need to poll the firewall instead of the server, on
the

checkpoint site they have their MIB, it is surprisingly (for checkpoint)

pretty good. Or if you really want to get funky you can create a script

which runs from your snmp server , to ssh to the firewall perform a
command

and spit back the results. I can't remember the exact command, but a
little

research will make short work of it.

What kind of processes are you trying to monitor with snmp for the

CMA/CLM's? Might be worth checking the MIB too.

Good Luck.

Luke.

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 7:27 PM, Torkel Mathisen
<torkel.mathi...@bbs.no>wrote:

> Hi,

> Is there any way of getting Provider-1 (R70) to send or receive snmp
traps

> to/from an external server about status of MDS/CMA processes?

> We want to monitor if a CMA or a CLM or any other process go down.

> We also want to monitor if a VPN tunnel go down.

> Anyone done this?

> Regards,

> Torkel

> Scanned by Check Point Total Security Gateway.

> please see the instructions at

> fw-1-ow...@ts.checkpoint.com

Luke Gogolkiewicz