Hello Jorn,
This is real problem to understand what exactly you installing without see it.
In case you are installing FW with only one interface - it will always
be a Checkpoint host and you will be unable to pass the traffic via
this device even with eval license.
Usually during first time configuration wizard people define more then
one network interface so not having this problem.
even you are not doing it - then you are importing configuration from
old FW and the issue will be fixed automatically!
once you are not importing settings from old one - you should install
the FW BY THE BOOK, using product installation manuals...
ok
about WEBUI:
What port you are running the WEBUI? you have configured it during
installation. once it's default, 443 and you didn't changed it during
the first wizard  - can be a problem because another services like VPN
visitor mode/SSL portal can run on this port.
you should change the port to another one using expert mode command
"webui enable <another_port_number>" and allow to access the FW from
your management station on this port.
good luck

On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 6:43 PM, Jørn Dahl-Stamnes
<fw.ad...@dahl-stamnes.net> wrote:
> On Friday 18 March 2011 15:54, Sergio Alvarez wrote:
>> The installation wizard asks if installing UTM or Power before reaching the
>> list of products you point out... if you look closely, the first option
>> says VPN-1 Power, if you had selected UTM in the previous section, here it
>> would say VPN-1 UTM.
>>
>> The cpxp-ci-vpx-.... corresponds to a VPN-1 UTM firewall gateway.
>>
>> On any case, given the fact you seem a little lost, I would suggest to
>> start over with the SPLAT installation, select UTM instead of Power, then
>> select the VPN-1 and SmartCenter options from the list and go from there.
>>
>> BTW, when someone told you to go: (SmartDashboard > Gateway >
>> General Properties > CheckPoint Product List), he meant go to the "gateway
>> object" and double clicking on it you will see the "general properties" for
>> that gateway.
>>
>> Now, since to started installing only Smartcenter, most likely you will NOT
>> have a gateway object which then requires some changes.... so just better
>> go with the SPLAT reinstall and be sure to start with the right foot.
>
> First of all - thanks for all the replies I have had on my request :)
>
> I did what you said but still no luck until I from the GUI right-clicked on
> the FW object and selected "Convert to gateway".
>
> Then I rebooted the firewall and tried again. Now both licenses was intalled
> and I'm able to install a ruleset on the firewall.
>
> I still got one problem - I cannot connect to the firewall through https from
> my laptop. When starting the web-browser I get:
>
>  Cannot connect to server.
>  Make sure the device is up and running, and that you are allowed to login
>  from this machine.
>
> The laptop is also the one that I'm running the GUI on, and I have added one
> rule that say that https is allowed from the machine.
>
> I wonder what device the message is refering to?
>

> Another thing I have noticed is that during boot I get:
>
>  Starting system

>  Configuring network: FAILED
>
> I have checked /var/log/messages, and there is one message that say the same,
> but nothing that indicate what's wrong.
>
> However, since I can communicate with the firewall on the interface that is
> active, I cannot see what could be wrong. The firewall has two other network
> cards, one with VLAN support. In addition, the motherboard has one ethernet
> port which is not in use due to lack of drivers.
> So I don't consider this to be that important... or?
>
> --
> Jørn Dahl-Stamnes
>
> Scanned by Check Point Total Security Gateway.

Sincerely,

Alexey Baltacov
drongt...@gmail.com | Tel: +972-504989954

Scanned by Check Point Total Security Gateway.