I'm not PDF expert, but by my understanding, there's not formal text block construct in the PDF spec. Zend_Pdf would have provide that feature, and do the calculations to translate it to the appropriate PDF code. This is what the other PDF classes I've used do (namely R&OS and FPDF).

Regards,
Bryce Lohr

Rick Gigger wrote:
Is there an actual feature in the pdf spec for handling text blocks or will the zend library handle measuring and wrapping the text and then simply drawing each line in it's respective location on the page?