-- peter fiksman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
(on Sunday, 20 July 2008, 11:33 AM +0200):
> Zend_Exception has currently no content and just extends the standard
> Excepton class. Maybe it would make sense to add something like
> addListener(Zend_Observer_Interface $o) method to implement the
> observer/observable pattern?
>
> This would make possible adding a logger object as a listener. There are
> cases in ZF where an exception is caught and replaced by throwing another
> one, which is more general. The details and the origin of the error are lost
> then.
>
> It would be nice to be able to log all exceptions in the execution flow, I
> think.

I've thought that myself a number of times; I actually did exactly this
when I was developing Cgiapp (a PHP clone of perl's CGI::Application),
and it has a bunch of use cases.

However, such a change will not happen until 2.0. I'm marking it in the
wiki as a potential improvement.

    http://framework.zend.com/wiki/display/ZFDEV/Zend_Exception

Software Architect       | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Zend Framework           | http://framework.zend.com/