I am trying to do something similar and any advice would be great.

I have the following structure"

/application
--/commonground
----/bootstrap.php
----/controllers
------/AclController.php
--/sub1
----/controllers
------/HelloController.php
--/sub2
----/controllers
------/SecretController.php

I have sub1.domain.com and sub2.domain.com
Controllers in the /commonground module, should be accessible for all
requests (ACL and Custom functions are here as well as shared code between
sub1 and sub2)

I want to be able to call: sub1.domain.com/hello and have the
HelloController properly process as well as any in the /commonground if
needed (such as ACL)

Is this possible?

Thank you.