>> I'm trying to clean up my bootstrap.  Is there a way to move these
>> lines to application.ini?
>>
>> setlocale(LC_ALL, 'en_US.utf8');
>> Zend_Locale::setDefault('en');
>>
>> I read through the manual and it looks like this is required in the
>> bootstrap, but I'd like to double check.
>>

> Take a look at /Zend/Application/Resource/Locale.php
>
> resources.locale.default…

Thanks =)

Any ideas on this one?  I have this in my bootstrap and I'm trying to
move it to application.ini

setlocale(LC_ALL, 'en_US.utf8');

I put this line in application.ini, but no luck:

phpSettings.intl.default_locale = "en_US.utf8"

In my tests to make sure that it's working properly, I've used "nl_NL"
and I'm echoing this on a test page:

echo strftime("%A %e %B %Y", mktime(0, 0, 0, 12, 22, 1978));

If it's working correctly and the settings are "nl_NL", the output would end up:

vrijdag 22 december 1978

But instead, it always shows up in english until I actually use the
setLocale command.

Any ideas?

-Ed