-- Hector Virgen <djvir...@gmail.com> wrote
(on Friday, 15 January 2010, 12:48 PM -0800):
> A team member and I are starting development for an adapter to connect to
> Apache Cassandra[1] databases from within the Zend Framework. We would like to
> share our work by contributing it to ZF when it's complete. We are also
> interested in getting community feedback to aid us in its development. Some of
> the questions we have before we write up the proposal are:
>
>   • Do we need to be concerned with licensing issues? Cassandra uses the
> Apache
>     2.0 license[2] while ZF uses the new BSD license[3].

Since they're two different languages, likely not. From what I
understand, anyways, the Apache and BSD licenses are pretty similar and
usually compatible.

>   • Cassandra has not been formally released (it's still incubating). Will
> this
>     be an issue?

No -- we have a number of components targeting services that are still
pre-release, and have even more planned.

> If you are interested in helping or already have a solution in place
> please let us know. Thanks!

I'm assuming you already are familiar with our proposal process; if
not, email me and I'll point you in the right direction.

Looking forward to seeing more on this front!

Project Lead            | matt...@zend.com
Zend Framework          | http://framework.zend.com/