I implemented something similar, but in an ugly way (really similar to
procedural style, but I had to do it quick 'n dirty)...
Just take a look at this:

https://gist.github.com/1084994

The code you should look for goes from line 72 to 238... Ignore the ACL
stuff...
The rest is almost completely dirt (also consider that I had to play around
with it lots of times, running behind the requests of a crazy customer :P )

That big switch is probably a trouble, but I think you could use some
annotation class for form elements too...
You could have a field annotation that can generate a form element once you
invoke it, like:

$annotation = new \Spiffy\Annotation\FormElement\Textarea($options); //This
happens internally, in the annotationReader, therefore it will be fetched
from there...

$myFormElement = $annotation->createElement(stdClass $entity, $em,
$annotationReader); //form element with all needed validators and similars
coming from annotations...

Could this work for you?

Marco Pivetta
http://twitter.com/Ocramius