@Ralf: well, there's "composer.lock" for that. You don't run the upgrade on
the production server (that is dangerous exactly like upgrading a linux
distro without verifying that things won't break!), you just run an
"install" with the updated "composer.lock" once it has been updated (and
tested) in your dev environment. That updates dependencies to the state
defined in "composer.lock", which is quite amazing in terms of spared time.

Marco Pivetta

http://twitter.com/Ocramius

http://marco-pivetta.com