tuxum wrote
> The (well) formatted text:
>
> Hi all!
> I'm trying to use phpBB3 (forum app) along with ZF2. For that, I have to
> include a file from the phpBB3. In theory this is as simple as:
>
> include('/path/to/phpbb3/common.php');
> $user->session_begin(); //$user is defined in common.php file
> In common.php a lot of globals are defined, and after that are required
> some files which are using those globals. In ZF2 simply including the
> common.php would not work, because the scope of the globals will not span
> over the required files, so I tried a little trick:
>
> //in Application/Forum/Service
> public function callForumAPI(){
> $zf_dir = getcwd();
> chdir('/var/www/html/phpBB3');
>
> include('common.php');
> $user->session_begin();
>
> chdir($zf_dir);
> }
> Neither in this case the scope of the global variables didn't span over
> the required files, so all the globals where NULL in those files. How
> could I solve this issue?
> Thank you!

Includes are in the scope of the method/function they were called in, in
this case callForumAPI, so they will only be visible inside that method
The easiest way to achieve this, I think, is to move the include and the
/$user->session_begin()/ into the public/index.php file so they will be
included in the global scope. It is not rally elegant, but elegance is sort
of deprecated when having to deal with global variables ;)

Hope this helps