My app has the same URLs for the desktop and mobile versions. People don't
hit it directly, they go though Akamai first and Akamai in turn sets a
cookie to true or false whether the user is is using a mobile device or
not. So the real detection is carried out by Akamai.

I'm currently detecting this cookie in MvcEvent::EVENT_ROUTE and doing some
other things that I need to with it... BUT I would like to automate setting
the layout and template based on this cookie.

I can get to the template with
$mvcEvent->getViewModel()->setTemplate('foo')but I can't seem to find
the root template in this event. From the
controller I usually do $this->layout()->setTemplate('someLayout').

What am I missing?

Thanks!