If you work with the current "master" branch of Doctrine ORM, the ORM
itself provides a feature called "Second Level Cache" (or SLC or L2 Cache).

Doctrine ORM 2.5 will be released soon with this feature, you may read more
about it at
http://docs.doctrine-project.org/projects/doctrine-orm/en/latest/reference/second-level-cache.html

If you cannot use 2.5 (master) right now, you may check
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15661296/doctrine-2-and-orm-how-to-cache-every-query-for-some-entity-
yes, that's a lot of manual work.

Marco Pivetta

http://twitter.com/Ocramius