[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> This game has proved more popular than I expected!
> I am travelling for the next day or so and my family
> are starting to ask what am I doing locked away in the
> computer room. So, please keep sending me your entries,
> but in the interests of torturing your opponents, feel
> free to also post your tsanta.pl-verified golf score
> (not source!) directly to fwp.
>
> Please please remember the manual workarounds to
> tsanta.pl bugs:
>  1) Format your source on a single line.
>  2) Do not write to stderr at all.
>  3) Do not use any external program.
>
> Actually, I don't feel qualified to verify all entries
> on my own; at the end of the game a panel of experts
> might like to verify that the top 10 entries are
> indeed correct weight.
>
> There has been a lot of activity! If I have left
> anyone out, I apologize (in that case, please post
> your golf score to fwp).
>
> The magical 90 barrier has been broken by the
> Flying Dutchman!!!
>
> Yellow Jersey              Melbourne-Time
> -------------              --------------
> 103  Ronald J Kimball      04:32  03-Dec
> 101  Keith C Ivey          07:58
>  95  Rick Delaney          08:51
>  93  Eugene van der Pijll  08:55
>  91  Eugene van der Pijll  18:18
>  89  Eugene van der Pijll  03:26  04-Dec
>
> Hole Leaders
> ------------
> Temporarily suspended due to lack of time:-(
>
> Current Leaderboard
> -------------------
>  89   Eugene van der Pijll
>  93*  Piers Cawley
>  94   Japhy
>  94   Yanick
>  94   Rick Klement
>  95   Rick Delaney
>  95   Ronald J Kimball
>  95   Robin Houston
> 101   Keith C Ivey
> 101   Mark Suter
> 102   Michael G Schwern
> 104   Jonathan E Paton
> 105   Michael Lambert
> 105   Brad Greenlee
> 126   Simon Drabble
>
> * I always chortle at Piers creative-in-the-extreme
>   entries. He may claim a lower score.

Too bloody right he will. You've just moved the goalposts again. All
of a sudden printing to stderr is worth a 4 stroke penalty, when last
time it was only worth one. Yes, I know that head.pl dies. But only
after it's passed the test. And if I change it so that it doesn't die
that brings my total to 92, not 93.

--
Piers

   "It is a truth universally acknowledged that a language in
    possession of a rich syntax must be in need of a rewrite."
         -- Jane Austen?