On 03/31/2003, Ryan Coleman wrote:

>I will say this here once: Never EVER take your film to Walgreens. For those
>of you (or Proex or Walmart) here who want to see better results, contact me
>off list and I will give you the information of the lab I work in. I can give
>you reasons upon reasons of why you need to stay away from those places and
>even make a deal on developing your film all the way here in Minneapolis.

Okay Ryan, tell me - I'd like to hear your take, since I operated a
full-time professional studio for over 5 years before getting out of it
(a little before my divorce, but not for that reason). Used Mamiya TB67
and Hasselblads for about all of my work (with a Polaroid back for
testing as needed). Still have one Hassy and some A12 backs plus some of
my lenses, BTW.

So tell me about your lab. I used several and had B+ results overall
(used a lab out of SWest Missouri a lot due to their reliability and
safety procedures they used). Some pro labs were good in some areas but
very few covered all the usual bases I needed (weddings/candids,
commercial, large prints, special mountings/finishes, etc.).

Jim Rohde

"Art is the demonstration that
  the ordinary is extraordinary."
             - Amedee Ozenfant